Affiliated of the Montgomery County Republican Party
The Austin Peay Party Platform
- Republicans emphasize the role of a free market decision making in fostering economic prosperity.
- Republicans oppose a government run single payer healthcare system. We believe such a system constitutes socialize medicine and we are in favor of a personal or employer base system of insurance.
- Republicans consider the income tax system to be inherently inefficient and oppose graduated tax rates.
- Republicans believe in a safety net to help the poor but do not believe it should be done by the government, and that it should be done by the private sector.
- Republicans advocate a strong national defense.
- Republicans oppose of illegal immigration.
- Republicans support the State of Israel.
- Republicans support of strict constructionist, the philosophy that the Constitution should be interpreted narrowly and as close to the original intent.
- Republicans oppose any activist judges and supports judges who believe in judical restraint.
- Republicans believe in a robust version federalism with limitations placed upon the federal government and a larger role reserved for the States.
- Republicans are pro-life and oppose to elective abortion.
- Republicans oppose affirmtive action as we believe it only furthers discrimination.
- Republicans support capital punishment and stricter punishment to prevent crime.
- Republicans support gun ownership and oppose gun regulation.
- Republicans support school choice and school vouchers.
- Republicans oppose a federal run education and supports states and local level of education.
- Republicans oppose embryonic stem cell research.
- Republicans are skeptical of a man made global warming and questions the studies of human activity impact of climate change. Instead the Republicans believe it is part of a natural cycle.
- Republicans support increase federal investment into development of alternative fuels as a way of helping the U.S. achieve energy independence.
- Republicans support of oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refugee and off shore to achieve energy independence.